The Most Important Things to Do AFTER Your Wedding
We hate to be the bearer of bad news, but the list of wedding "to-do's" doesn't COMPLETELY stop after wedding day. Don't worry, it shouldn't be too much to handle and hopefully you can recruit some help for some of this!
Here's a brief list of things you will want to keep in mind after you're officially a "Mrs.":
- Return your rentals! If you rented an arch, table decorations, chairs, etc., you'll want to make sure those get returned right away after your wedding day. Many vendors will have a deadline for this, so do your best to return them promptly and ask for help from family and friends if needed!
- Write your thank you notes! Getting these done as soon as possible after the wedding will be a weight lifted from your shoulders. Sending your wedding guests a handwritten note, thanking them for attending your special day as well as for the gift they gave you is a must! It's a win-win situation, because you'll feel good doing it and they will feel so appreciated!
- Change your name and formal documents! It starts with your social media platforms (easy!), but don't forget to change your name on your social security card, bank accounts, driver's license, etc.
- Preserve your beautiful wedding gown, if you wish! The first step is to have your gown professionally cleaned. After doing so, you can have it preserved so it stays nice and maybe you can use it again someday... for your future daughter's wedding gown or anything else you may like to have it for again someday!
- While we're on the topic of preserving, don't forget you can do so with your flowers, too! Preserving your flowers is such a great way to enjoy their beauty for many years to come and help you relive some of the beautiful details of your wedding day.
- Write glowing reviews for your vendors! If you had a great experience with your photographer, florist, videographer, caterers, DJ, and more... they will appreciate a 5-star review on Google, Facebook, or Yelp more than you could ever imagine! Small business owners thrive on great reviews, so try to take some time after the wedding to write a few for your amazing vendors!
- Possibly the most important "to-do" after the wedding is to... RELAX and enjoy your time as newlyweds! Whether you're going on a honeymoon right away or you're waiting a little while, soak up some time to look through wedding photos, talk about your favorite memories from the night, and enjoy newlywed life. After all of that hard work and planning, you deserve it!
If you know a future bride that would find this helpful, be sure to share it with her! We have more helpful wedding planning blog posts coming soon, so we don't want you to miss out! You can also head to our homepage https://rivervalleydesigns.us/ and subscribe to our email newsletter to ensure you never miss another blog post, discount code on flowers, or announcement again!