2019 Wedding Trends We Loved
The beauty of being involved in so many weddings is that we’re truly exposed to SO many different styles and ideas. It’s SO MUCH FUN to look back and reflect on each bride’s vision and how all of our ideas and creativity came together to create a special, unique look.
Here are some looks we’ll never forget:
By the way, these are not ranked in order of “favorites”. It’s impossible to choose favorites when you love them all!
- Our clients Monika and Mark had the bohemian, whimsical wedding that dreams are made of. We were honored to do a FULL blog post on this wedding so we could really show it off! I mean, just imagine… blue thistle, berries, succulents, and Monika’s GENIUS idea of having two different hairstyles for her special day. We can’t get enough. If you’re a bohemian lover, check out more details here!
- Speaking of hairstyles, we saw LOTS of statement halos and headpieces and we’re here for that trend. Whether it’s made of jewels, fresh flowers, dried flowers, or natural greenery, we LOVE it!
- Okay, so technically, this was from 2018 but the style is way too timeless to be called a “trend”. We’re featuring it in our 2019 blog post anyway! It’s the most GORGEOUS, moody, romantic, vintage wedding we’ve ever seen. We love a bride and groom that aren’t afraid to go BOLD with deep reds, chocolate lace flowers, anemone, and more. We’re so in love with this look and we HAVE to continue to share it for others to use as inspiration! Check out Colin and Aley’s stunning wedding here.
- And have you heard that multiple wedding bands are becoming more common?! Many brides want their ring finger to look totally “complete” and hope to even things out by having a smaller band on each side of their engagement band. If it’s a desire and it’s in your budget, you might as well complete your look instead of waiting until your 5 or 10 year anniversary to get another band, right?! :)
- And while barn weddings are so on-trend right now, we happen to believe that style will remain very prevalent for years to come! Especially in northwest Illinois where many of us grew up on farms or very close to one. Imagine galvanized tin mixed with soft pinks, lilacs, and blues, and then throwing in some subtle greenery. All of those gorgeous colors and textures with a rustic, wooden backdrop in the barn mixes the perfect amount of both masculine and feminine colors and textures. Make sure you catch the blog post on this one, too!
- Unplugged ceremonies. Many brides and grooms will actually request that guests keep their phones tucked away (and on silent, of course!) during the ceremony so guests can stay present… and more importantly… the photographer and videographer can do their job without a bunch of phones in their camera view! Yikes.
- Extra munchies toward the end of the night! What’s better than having a taco bar or a bunch of pizzas after dancing and drinking all night?! We love this extra touch to make sure your guests are well-fed after a night full of celebrating!
If these “2019 trends” stuck around forever, we wouldn’t be mad. We had a blast this year and cannot wait for more beautiful 2020 weddings! Speaking of, if you’re planning on getting married in 2020 and need a florist, let’s chat! Our schedule is filling up quickly, but we’d love to chat with you! Just click the Contact button on the top of this page and we’ll be in touch with you soon!